Update added by user Apr 12
My main complaint it quality vs.price.
From the MANY videos from presenters I've seen (most famous Liquid Foundation vs. Sharpie) I was expecting so much more out of the product especially for the prices that were charged. Also, it was inconvenient that to purchase a "light" shade I had to buy a whole collection.
That was a quarter of my rent because sales reps were SO convincing and basically promised magic from this product.It would be more appropriate to either charge less for mediocre product or advertise the actuality of the product.
Original review posted by user Apr 11
I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to try it.Of course it was out of stock for months and now that it's back you can only order the lightest shades when you buy the whole "combo kit" which was $260 I believe.
After basically taking out a second mortgage on my house (not really but I mean that is EXPENSIVE) I bought the kit and counted the days until I received the amazing magical foundation that everyone was raving about. Welp... I got it, and tried it, and I cannot believe I got sucked into the scam. It worked about as well as any drug store brand but they are defiantly not charging drug store prices.
So disappointing. I've heard since coming back from being out of stock for so long that they might of changes the formula?? Just a rumor I heard but I don't know how the videos could of faked what they were showing so I believe it.
In the kit I also received a lip stick (which was mediocre), lip gloss (again mediocre), eyebrow pencil (again mediocre), eye shadow palate (dense and pigmented I'm actually half impressed), concealer (which were called different shades than the foundation so it was a little difficult to properly color match the two but it works pretty well), fiber lash mascara (works BUT the fibers are large and "webby" so it looked kind of weird but I still need to perfect my technique so we'll see), and I bought the puff brush separate because in all the videos they claimed only THAT brush would make the foundation as flawless as it could be but it left MANY bristles on my face.All in all the products I would say are about as much quality as drug store products and I defiantly had my hopes up WAY too high.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unrealistic advertisment
- Reason of review:
- The quality wasn't too horrible but compare to the price and how it was advertised it's very disappointing
- Preferred solution:
- Just to have your reps advertise in a more realistic manner, and price reductions for many products considering the quality.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Younique Touch Foundation
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I used the self tanner by arbonne as directed. I had the worst reaction. I've never had any bad reactions to self tanners from any other company. My eyes swelled...."
- "I use Younique since 2 months now. I had no problems what so ever... There are pricy but like we say the *** is always cheaper than quality. My only..."
- "Bought the warm kit, six shades, the image shows one purple color in the kit. Sure enough they send me two purples. I called them and they said they send..."
- "Had to hire someone else to come in and fix all there screw ups. Very unhappy, never use them again. Paint all over patio chairs, hose, sprayer. Shingles, white paint..."
- "I have a complaint to make which I think you need to know about. I grabbed a bag of new unopened Barbecue chips for a quick snack. Ripped open the..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."