Burnsville, Minnesota
7K views 22 comments

Update by user Apr 12, 2016

My main complaint it quality vs.price.

From the MANY videos from presenters I've seen (most famous Liquid Foundation vs. Sharpie) I was expecting so much more out of the product especially for the prices that were charged. Also, it was inconvenient that to purchase a "light" shade I had to buy a whole collection.

That was a quarter of my rent because sales reps were SO convincing and basically promised magic from this product.It would be more appropriate to either charge less for mediocre product or advertise the actuality of the product.

Original review posted by user Apr 11, 2016

I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to try it.Of course it was out of stock for months and now that it's back you can only order the lightest shades when you buy the whole "combo kit" which was $260 I believe.

After basically taking out a second mortgage on my house (not really but I mean that is EXPENSIVE) I bought the kit and counted the days until I received the amazing magical foundation that everyone was raving about. Welp... I got it, and tried it, and I cannot believe I got sucked into the scam. It worked about as well as any drug store brand but they are defiantly not charging drug store prices.

So disappointing. I've heard since coming back from being out of stock for so long that they might of changes the formula?? Just a rumor I heard but I don't know how the videos could of faked what they were showing so I believe it.

In the kit I also received a lip stick (which was mediocre), lip gloss (again mediocre), eyebrow pencil (again mediocre), eye shadow palate (dense and pigmented I'm actually half impressed), concealer (which were called different shades than the foundation so it was a little difficult to properly color match the two but it works pretty well), fiber lash mascara (works BUT the fibers are large and "webby" so it looked kind of weird but I still need to perfect my technique so we'll see), and I bought the puff brush separate because in all the videos they claimed only THAT brush would make the foundation as flawless as it could be but it left MANY bristles on my face.All in all the products I would say are about as much quality as drug store products and I defiantly had my hopes up WAY too high.

I liked: Presenter, Website.

I didn't like: Price, Quality, Unrealistic advertisment.

4.0
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss The quality wasn't too horrible but compare to the price and how it was advertised it's very disappointing / $260
Preferred solution Just to have your reps advertise in a more realistic manner, and price reductions for many products considering the quality.

Had an Experience with Younique?

Comments

Muncie, Indiana, United States #1281604

I don't know who told you that you had a buy a collection in order to get your foundation but no offense you were completely misled and taken advantage of.Just let me tell you that.

Never at any time have you ever had to buy a collection in order to receive a foundation. They have always been sold separately. I would definitely have contacted the company. I am so sorry somebody lied to you.

No, the formula was never changed it takes 6 months to make one bottle of the foundation because of the minerals that are in it and the lack of chemicals that are in it because we are European Union compliant.

Again I am so sorry that somebody took advantage of your good nature.Please take care

Ksey
to Anonymous #1315954

Thats absolute bull.The #1 ingredient in Youniques liquid touch foundation is DIMETHICONE closely followed by talc and perfume.

They throw a sprinkling of minerals (literally) so they can advertise "naturally based" . The Younique conealers #1 ingredient is PETROLEUM JELLY.

Younique also advertises as cruelty free yet can provide no cert backing their claim.Their "foundation/charity" for abused women (the Younique Foundation) does not meet the standards of the BBB nor the National Charity Reports.

SimplySally
to Ksey Dallas, Texas, United States #1330683

And their presenters are really good at spreading lies and back stabbing one another. Such as this one, dissing the first presenter for lying about colors only being available in a kit and then turning right around and lying about the ingredients.

Vernonia, Oregon, United States #1177675

I found everything you said to be my exact story. They are definitely not all that they are saying they are. Such a bummer to be ripped liked that.

It's hard for advertising as the only way Younique is allowed to advertise is through the presenter only, they are not allowed to post it with their prices or in magazines, tv ads etc etc so it's only from word of mouth..Soo naturally the presenter has to really sell the product to make the sell, and consistently boosting it ( somtimes to the point of annoyance or we end up buying it).

Then most will say how incredible it is because they were foolish enough to pay that amount ( I'm guilty of it too) it's not a bad product...Just way overpriced :(

The products are made in Italy Germany and the USA.Some of the packaging is made in China.

Do the research. The mineral liquid foundation was not changed. It takes 6 months to make and you can't put this makeup on like drugstore makeup because it is HIGH END make up. Most of the New York Drag Queen Circuit is using this makeup and saying good bye to Anastasia and MAC!

one t!And if it's one thing the Queens know it's make up quality!

to Anonymous #1165626

I watch many makeup Tutorial by the queens, and never once have I seen a single one of them using younique products. As a matter of fact, all of the big beauty gurus either think it ***, or won't try it b/c of the pushy condescending won't take no for a answer reps!!

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1196787

You are absolutely rificulous. That statement is false to say the least!

I love, love, the illuminate facial cleanser.A pea size is all you need.

It's expensive for 3 ounces but it last month's.

I have oily mature skin, and its excellent.

I love the fact that the products are USA and NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.

I do not sell the products, but the ones I can buy for my oily skin are nice.The eye shadows are silky compared to other brands and I like them.

to Anonymous #1163843

Younique does not test our products on animals. However, Younique has not conducted an in-depth cruelty-free review tracing each ingredient back to such ingredient's original source at this time.Apr 21, 2016