1.6K views
3.1
Turnaround Time

I used to be a Younique presenter, and when I started I was so excited.The company definitely has great incentives and benefits, BUT...

It is extremely hard to get past that. When I started, I reached yellow status in less than two weeks (thanks to my Mom and family for buying the products that I was selling). However, after exhausting all my potential buyers (aka family and friends), it was extremely hard to sell to anyone else. The elite up-line are so catty and unhelpful.

They claim to be helping by having weekly talks, etc. but honestly... It's just empty words said differently every time. They tell you you can do it, that you have to put yourself out there, etc.

etc. but they never tell you how to market your products when meeting new people. They just tell you you can do it, and to believe in yourself. Additionally, I found it hard to sell the products because they were super over priced despite being low quality.

They claimed that the liquid foundation didn't need a powder to set it because it dries as a powder, but many of my customers still found themselves setting the foundation with powder. The mascara was said to be the holy grail of all their products, but I always had customer complaints about the fall-out that they would experience when using the mascara. The products are low-quality products sold at a high-quality price. My $10 foundation from Loreal has better coverage and sets a lot better than Younique's $39 foundation.

This isn't to say that none of Younique's products are good... Their skincare products are pretty good, but again... Overpriced for the amount that you get.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend becoming a Younique presenter nor buying from them.You can get better products at cheaper prices from credible businesses.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Skin care products.

I didn't like: Quality, Cost, Price, Quality of products compared to how they advertise it.

Had an Experience with Younique?

Comments

Interesting is all I can say...Younique products in all fields....

The company is selling charity not the products.

For the cost of good quality makeup well I must say not of quilty.

Addiction pallets $53.00 7 colours only. Tried it. Store brand shadows that does the same for $25 colours

Choices on platte and same coverage 26 shades.

Mascara ouch for $30.

OMG my store band for $10.00 gave me the same look as the $30.00 Foundation for $30.00 took 15 min to dry it was cakey, heavy, oily after 2 hours. $12.00 store brand held for the full day.. Views of all their products fell in the cost of high end makeup. Hard hitting presure on buying you'll love it...NO .

ASKING QUESTION THE RUN AROUND your not doing it correctly, your not waiting, did you do this and that.. Return on products hold your breath, no money refunds, company will send the same bad batch, refunds, the presenters pay out of their pockets.. PRESNTERS PAY BACK FOR BAD PRODUCTS. LIP GLOSS AND STAINS $30.00, store brands for $12.00 holds, outlast, and wears 100% Lipsticks $30.00 store brands $12.00 outlast, holds and no wearing off 20 mins later.

In short over priced high end makeup not worth spending double. Nothing about Younique makeup is worth the money nothing. Presenters starting out to sell for a cause cost money, money and pressure to sell drug store products at double the cost and for the name of Younique. Max high end drug store brands...

Check your drug stores for all Younique sells. Check your drug store don't go to high end companies for makeup, tools, all for makeup that's over priced and paying for the name of the company it's not worth going broke.... All makeup is the same, all makeup works the same, all makeup will have issues when you apply, or wear. One key note you can take your products back to were you buy with out the bs...

Money refunded, your not given something new. In short 6 items from Younique cost $180.00 shadow, lipstick, foundation, blush, mascara, concealer. Second order for a complete set of brushes only $290 Can a presenter trying to make money from home selling.... Not unless people have deep pockets to support a cause.

The cost of the makeup, heads shake twice... For give me.. Makeup 1-5 products, given a ONE FOR ALL.

I know I've tried selling, and the cost for me started off with the kitnappers kit for $119.00 12 items, and buying another $1.500 to sell.I'll take my chances.